Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 dash red pepper
- to taste chives (optional)
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat egg and milk together.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir.
- Stir in onion, red pepper and chives, if using.
- Drop by spoonfuls into hot fat in a deep fryer, 375 degrees, and fry until golden brown.
Delicious! We added some Tony C's and more cayenne because we like it extra spicy. Thanks for a great addition to our Mardi Gras dinner!!