Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sage, ground
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 12 ounces beer, approximately (warm or cold, fizzy or flat, enough to make a thick batter)
- jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional, depending on how hot you like them)
- oil (for deep frying)
- Preheat oil in frying pan or deep fryer to 350°F.
- Mix first seven ingredients together and drop by tablespoons into hot oil and fry until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve while still hot.
I only made 1/2 the recipe. I am the only one in my household that likes these. These were great. Had a nice flavor. I have saved this recipe for future use. Thanks for sharing.