Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These compliment fried fish meals quite well. Goes great with Country Fried Cat Fish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion (tops and bottoms)
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 medium egg (lightly whipped)
- 3 cups canola oil
- In a deep sauce pan heat oil to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl mix all the dry ingredients, then add wet, and stir to mix completely.
- Don't worry about small lumps.
- Drop batter 1 tsp at a time into hot oil, fry till golden brown, turing as neccesary, (about 2 to 5 minutes).