Recipe by ThatHaitiChick
I ran into making these by mistake. You can change the cooking time to be longer or shorter to your desire of doneness. Aunt Jemima pancake mix is a suggestion. It is sweeter than Bisquick and other brands. After baking, you can add powder sugar to the top and make it a dessert if so desired. They are wonderful.
- 1 cup pancake mix (Aunt Jemima)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour approximately 3 cups of cooking oil into a saucepan and heat.
- Meanwhile, mix together the 1 cup of pancake mix with approx 13 to 12 water. The mix should be thick.
- Little bubbles should have formed on the bottom of pan. Take of a spoonful of the mix and slid into oil. (you can do multiple hush puppies at a time just don't let them touch each other).
- Cook for about a minute and flip. Cook for a minute on the other side.
- Use a fork and scoop out of oil. Let access oil drip out of hush puppy.
- Let cool for two minutes and Enjoy!