Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy way to make hush puppies! And tasty too!
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup onion, chopped as fine as you like them
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup creamed corn
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- oil, for frying
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F in deep fat fryer.
- Mix all together.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls in hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
These were so easy! I dont have a deep fryer, so i just used some oil in a deep pan, they took about 7-10 minutes each side to be browned well, but i did make mine big. I chopped up a hotdog into tiny peices in place of the jalapeno pepper and they turned out great thanks KaraRN for the recipe
These did not work out for me. When I dropped them in the oil they spread out and then spread apart in the oil. When I had to take the remains out, it was just crumbles. I had to add self-rising flour and cornmeal to thicken it up so I could drop it in. I probably will not use this recipe again.