Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
If there aren't hush puppies, it's not a real fish fry.
- 3 cups cornmeal
- 6 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup minced onion
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Mix cornmeal with baking powder, salt, pepper, and onion.
- Mix egg with milk and whisk into cornmeal.
- Spoon hush puppies into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
Sorry...These did not turn out good. First, they were too dry and turned into crumbs so easily. Then we kept adding more and more milk, but with no luck. These were OK, but I will not make them again. Sorry for the bad review :(
I made tis tonight,an exelllent recipe thank you deart