Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I like to add 1 minced jalapeno for heat-wow!
- 1 1⁄4 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 5 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in a skillet to 350-or medium high.
- Combine the corn meal, flour, salt and onions-toss well.
- Whisk together the egg, milk and tabasco and stir into the cornmeal mixture.
- Drop by the tablespoonful into the hot oil.
- Fry to golden brown on all sides-remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.