Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband begs me to make these about once a week. This is a friend of the family's recipe that I used to enjoy when we would go and visit. It is very rich and tasty.
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Melt butter in frying pan.
- Add flour to make roux.
- Add chicken broth and sour cream.
- Heat on low- stir to thicken.
- Add onion and chicken.
- Take a tortilla, put in one green chili, a slice of monterey jack cheese, and sauce.
- Roll up tortilla and place in baking dish, continue until all tortillas are full.
- Pour remaining sauce on top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- I always serve with spanish rice. Yum!