There's already a recipe here with the same name, but this one serves more and the ingredients are a little different. Very good! Prep time is approximate. Cook time includes browning the beef.
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked as directed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Brown ground beef, bell peppers, and garlic together and drain.
- Cook noodles as directed then drain.
- Add noodles, sugar, and tomato sauce to ground beef and stir.
- Combine sour cream, cottage cheese, cream cheese, and chopped onion.
- Put into a 3-quart casserole dish a layer of noodles and meat, then a layer of cheese mixture.
- Add the last of meat and noodle mixture.
- Last of all add grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
This was pretty good. My only complaint is that the sour cream/cream cheese taste is a little overpowering. I'm either going to try reducing the amt next time or mixing everything together instead of separating the layers. I used all low-fat ingredients and ground turkey, to lighten it up a bit. Overall, a very good recipe.
Delicious! In my opinion, anything with cream cheese in it is a winner. This is a perfect recipe for serving a crowd.