Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made this for my husband and some guests, they could not stop raving about it ! It went really fast, so double if you are making for a crowd!
- 10 ounces egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpeeled and diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef.
- Add the tomatoes w/ juice, salt and sugar and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese and onion and mix well.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, place half of the egg noodles, then all of the meat mixture, then the cream cheese mixture.
- Top w/ the remaining noodles and sprinkle w/ cheese.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 25 minutes.
Just made this tonight and all the guys raved! I did not have the tomatoes, so I added a 15 oz can of tomato sauce in place of it, and it was delicious! I made sure to cover the dish with foil so the noodles did not dry out. Will definitely add this to my "regular" recipes!
This was great! Will be a regular from now on for us, next time I'm going to add some mushrooms. Thanks for posting. =)
Not just Husband's Delight, also my Wife's Delight. The family loved it. I added a tsp. of Garlic Salt and think I'll add the mushrooms next time. Maybe some sliced olives too.