Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I never enjoyed meatloaf until we tried this recipe. Now it is a favorite on my family's menu rotation. The sweet ketchup topping makes it a hit with my kids too. These muffins make great individual servings that can be frozen for OAMC. ( I have a pan I drilled holes in to let the fat and grease drain out while cooking.) You can also slice them up to make Southern-Style Meatloaf Sandwich. Yum!
- 1 3⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb ground sausage
- 1 (6 ounce) package Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- TO MAKE MINI-MEATLOAF MUFFINS: Preheat oven to 375°. Combine stuffing and milk to let the stuffing moisten. Once the stuffing is moist, combine the ground beef, sausage, eggs, minced onion, and stuffing until mixed through.
- Spray your muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Fill muffins tins to the top and press in evenly.
- Make a small indentation in the middle of each "muffin" with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the ketchup glaze according to directions.
- Fill the indentation with the ketchup mixture and spread it around a little. Bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Let stand 10 minutes before removing from the baking pan.
- TO FREEZE MINI-MEATLOAF MUFFINS: Remove meatloaf muffins from baking pan and let cool. Open freeze "muffins" on a cookie sheet until firm.
- Once they are frozen, transfer to labeled freezer bags. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
- TO USE FROZEN MINI-MEATLOAF MUFFINS: Completely thaw in the refrigerator. Place loaves in a greased baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through, or cover and microwave on High for 1 minute or until heated through.