This does not cook in a hurry, but the ingredients can be put together in under 10 minutes for the slow cooker!
- In large skillet, over high heat, brown beef roast on both sides in hot oil.
- Remove roast from skillet and place into slow cooker.
- Place vegetables in bottom of crock pot. In a separate bowl, mix the dry onion soup, the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, sugar and red wine. Pour this mixture over the roast.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hours or until roast and vegetables are tender.
- If you would like a thicker sauce, thicken the sauce one half hour before serving. In a small jar with a lid, place 2 tablespoons flour and 5 tablespoons water. Cover and shake until there are no lumps. Add this mixture to the crock pot, stirring well and let the gravy thicken on its own for the last half hour.
- I serve this dish with garlic cheese mashed potatoes and a simple green salad. We never have any leftovers! This is perfect for one of those busy work or shopping days, as it practically makes itself.