1/1 Photo of Hurry up Slow Cooked Pot Roast
7 hrs 10 mins
Local Girl who loves to cook's Note:
This does not cook in a hurry, but the ingredients can be put together in under 10 minutes for the slow cooker!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned Italian-style tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 large onion, large dice
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1In large skillet, over high heat, brown beef roast on both sides in hot oil.
- 2Remove roast from skillet and place into slow cooker.
- 3Place vegetables in bottom of crock pot. In a separate bowl, mix the dry onion soup, the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, sugar and red wine. Pour this mixture over the roast.
- 4Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hours or until roast and vegetables are tender.
- 5If you would like a thicker sauce, thicken the sauce one half hour before serving. In a small jar with a lid, place 2 tablespoons flour and 5 tablespoons water. Cover and shake until there are no lumps. Add this mixture to the crock pot, stirring well and let the gravy thicken on its own for the last half hour.
- 6I serve this dish with garlic cheese mashed potatoes and a simple green salad. We never have any leftovers! This is perfect for one of those busy work or shopping days, as it practically makes itself.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hurry up Slow Cooked Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1114.0
- Calories from Fat 675
- Total Fat 75.0 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 236.1 mg
- Sodium 2745.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 66.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: