Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Beef Council
- 1 lb beef cube steak
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mushroom gravy
- 4 pieces cornbread or 4 pieces corn muffins, split
- Cut beef steaks lengthwise into 1-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add beef and garlic, cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink (do not overcook).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile place vegetables in 2-quart microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high 4 minutes; drain.
- Add vegetables and gravy to beef.
- Cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until just heated through.
- Serve over cornbread.