Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love cashew "cream" sauces and this is one that goes together so fast in a blender! No dairy, no eggs so no guilt either! From Lauren Ulm's cookbook called Vegan Yum Yum.
- 3 cups whole wheat pasta
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1⁄3 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons tamari or 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance margarine
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 -4 garlic cloves (optional)
- Boil the pasta until tender but not mushy.
- Combine everything else in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Drain the noodles, return to the pot and pour the sauce over until well heated.
- Would be great to mix in some cooked veggies too.
- Serve hot.
mmm very tasy i am eating it right now with celeriac. and it is lovely, i also have eaten it with pasta but bcs i try to avoid processed food i wanted to try this with celeriac bcs i love celeriac and when i wasn't a vegan yet i loved celeriac with baked cheese on top
I love this recipe, perfect balance of ingredients with a subtle smoky flavour from the bit of paprika and the 'nooch'. The only thing I did differently was to use only 2T of tamari instead of 3, and I found that very well seasoned. I used So Nice's 'Barista Blend' for the soy milk and that added a delicious creaminess to the sauce. Served over brown rice spaghetti and some sauteed veg, it was a great meal!