Prep 8 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a recipe that I ate a lot when we lived in Tehran, Iran. Now my family enjoys it. It was from an American Women's Club cookbook.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup apple, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, canned
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, canned
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄8 cup almonds, sliced
- Cook onion and apple in curry powder and butter until onion is transparent (do not brown).
- Stir in soups and chicken; heat thoroughly.
- Add parsley and sour cream; heat (do not boil).
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish with sliced almonds.
omg... sooo soooooooo goood.... food coma!
Everyone at my house gives this a thumbs up! It's very similar to a chicken curry casserole I already make. I was a lot apprehensive about adding the apple. I followed your directions and ingredients all the way. Thanks for a yummy dinner! :) Made for the February 2009 Aussie/ NZ recipe swap.
Quick and easy. Yummy too! I think I will try a granny smith apple next time. Maybe even add in some shredded carrot. Thank you!! Tagged, Made and Reviewed for AU/NZ Recipe Swap #24