Recipe by Ambervim
From Chef Dino Lubbat, Dinotto Ristorante, Chicago, IL. I like that each shrimp looks like a little hurricane.
- 1⁄3 cup sweet coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1 lb shrimp (13-15 with tails will work)
- 8 ounces wheat, shredded & thawed (Kataifi or shred your own Phyllo)
- 1 mango, sauce Mango Sauce Nice and Tart With Sriracha (Or Without)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coconut milk, lime juice, garlic, chili flakes, cumin, coriander and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add shrimp and toss. Marinate for 1 hour or more under refrigeration.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unroll the kataifi and separate a small bundle of strands about 1.5 inches wide. Using scissors, cut Kataifi strands to about 8 inches long.
- For each shrimp, spread a Kataifi bundle on your work surface and wrap it around each marinated shrimp, leaving the tail uncovered. Wrap freeform or tightly compress for a more compact look.
- His recipe calls for deep frying at 350F for 2 minutes each until brown and crispy, then draining on a paper towel.
- I prefer to bake at 400F for 8-10 minutes or until the Kataifi is crisp and golden. A little less for smaller shrimp.
- Serve with Recipe # 481797 as a dipping sauce.