Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I wasn't able to go grocery shopping because Rita had caused bare shelves in the stores so I looked into the freezer to see what I could use. There was a pot roast that seemed just the ticket. I thawed it out and this is the result! DW Sue really liked this one.
- 4 lbs pot roast
- 4 medium carrots, cut up
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut up
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped coarsely
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- Place roast into crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8-12 hours.
- Serve with rice.
- note: If using home made beef broth a litle salt may be needed.
This was my first roast I've ever made and it was very good! I forgot the worcestershire sauce and I didn't add cabbage but I did add garlic and celery. The left over juices made a delicious gravy. Thank you for the recipe!