Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
No matter where I am around the country, when a New Orleans native has my version of the hurricane they can always tell where I learned to make it (even though most natives wouldn't ever touch the stuff (or admit to it)). And I make mine with ingredients most bars have on hand. Not many bars carry passion fruit syrup. So it's not the "original" but it's pretty close to what real bartenders with regular ingredients would make you in the French Quarter. Many customers said mine was their favorite version because it tastes more like a real rum fruit punch and not super sweet syrupy red punch mix.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces light rum
- 1 1⁄2 ounces golden rum
- 1⁄2 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce maraschino cherry juice
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 ounce orange juice
- 1⁄2 ounce cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 ounce dark rum (like myers)
- Fill a pint or hurricane glass with ice and add all ingredients save the dark rum.
- Stir with a straw or cocktail stirrer and then float the dark rum on top.
- Garnish with orange slice and a maraschino cherry.