Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake is very, very, rich. Delicious!
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chocolate frosting (melt in microwave)
- Sprinkle coconut and pecans over dry bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Mix cake mix (according to package directions) and pour over coconut and pecans.
- Mix creme cheese, sugar, and butter.
- Drop by big blobs on cake batter.
- Swirl blobs into cake gently with a knife.
- Bake 350 for 35-45 minutes.
- When cake comes out of the oven pour melted frosting over hot cake.
very rich and sinful!!! I loved it! also very easy to make.
I think that it would be good with Carmel icing instead of the chocolate icing!!! This cake is delicious, but is very rich.
Nice one...I also would like to add that some maraschino cherries scattered around would look good and very tempting as well as taste delicious....and maybe you could also sprinkle some chocolate chips on the top:)