Recipe by Chef Mommie
Someone tried to sell me this recipe, so I went on a web hunt. I saw this same recipe on a couple of different sites. This was the quote on both sites- "Hunza Diet Bread is a delicious, dense, chewy bread that's very nutritious and is almost impervious to spoilage. The following recipe makes a huge batch of approximately 60 (sixty) 2 inch squares, high in protein, vitamins and minerals. Keeps weeks at room temperature, even longer in the fridge and indefinitely in the freezer." When I received the e-mail to sell me this bread, it stated that a housewife created it trying to duplicate a recipe from the Hunza's and it resulted in people not being hungry for 6 or more hours. I don't know about you, but I will try just about anything once, and if I don't have to pay for it...all the better!
- 4 cups water
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs of natural buckwheat groats or 3 1⁄2-4 lbs millet flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups of natural unrefined sugar
- 16 ounces honey
- 16 ounces molasses
- 4 ounces soymilk powder (half cup)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (non aluminum)
- chopped walnuts
- sliced dates, to the above ingredients
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients.
- Grease and lightly flour cooking pan(s). Ideally use baking trays with about 1 inch high sides.
- Pour batter in pan(s) half an inch thick over the base.
- Bake at about 300°F (150°C) for 1 hour. After cooking, dry the bread in the oven for two (2) hours at a very low heat - 90°F (50°C). After it is cooled tip out and cut into approx 2x2 inch.
- Suggestions to lose weight with HUNZA DIET BREAD:.
- There are many ways to do it. This is another benefit. It's flexible. Here are some typical plans. Each piece of bread is thinly spread with butter for a total of approximately 100 calories.
- Plan A: Eat 1 piece every 5 hours of the 16 hours you're awake. That's 3 pieces which total 300 calories. This is the fastest way to lose weight I know of. It works faster than any high protein diet. Why? You have more energy and burn more calories. Second, the high fiber bread keeps your digestive system regular. Third, your body stays healthy. A healthy body means a properly functioning metabolic system.
- Plan B: Really gorge yourself with the bread. Two pieces every four hours for a total of 8 pieces but only 800 calories. You'll feel full all day. In fact, I doubt many people could eat this much of the bread.
- Plan C: Eat a piece in the morning for breakfast and a piece 3 hours before your dinner and you will eat a great deal less.
- Plan D: Eat a piece of HUNZA DIET BREAD, 10 minutes before you eat your regular meal. When we do this we eat only a fraction, such as 1/4 of what we would normally eat. If we wait longer than 10 minutes we don't want to eat at all.
- Plan E: Eat the bread at the end of meals that don't fill you up enough, such as low calorie meals. This is a perfect way to use the bread. You eat a low calorie meal, enjoy it, then eat a piece or two of bread to fill you up. Perfect! No suffering and no urge to snack.
- Plan F: Alternate Plan A, B, C, D. We recommend an alternation of the plans, but some people who just want to get the weight off as soon as possible will use Plan A exclusively.