1 hr 5 mins
GF Momma of 3's Note:
I like this recipe, number one, it's Gluten Free, and 2, it really fills you up! "Hunza Diet Bread is a delicious, dense, chewy bread that's very nutritious and is almost impervious to spoilage. The following recipe makes a huge batch of approximately 48, 2 inch squares, high in protein, vitamins and minerals. Keeps weeks at room temperature, even longer in the fridge and indefinitely in the freezer." When I received the e-mail to sell me this bread, it stated that a housewife created it trying to duplicate a recipe from the Hunza's and it resulted in people not being hungry for 6 or more hours.
My Private Note
2 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 2 lbs of natural buckwheat groats or 2 lbs millet flour
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup of natural unrefined sugar
- 8 ounces honey
- 8 ounces molasses
- 2 ounces soymilk powder (half cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (non aluminium)
- 6 -8 dried apricots, diced
- 1/4-1/2 cup raisins
- 1Mix all ingredients.
- 2Grease and lightly flour cooking pan(s). Ideally use baking trays with about 1 inch high sides. 12 x 16" cookie sheet.
- 3Pour batter in pan(s) half an inch thick over the base.
- 4Bake at about 300°F (150°C.) for 1 hour. After cooking, dry the bread in the oven for two (2) hours at a very low heat - 90°F (50°C). After it is cooled tip out and cut into approx 2 inch x 2 inch.
- 5Suggestions to lose weight with HUNZA DIET BREAD:.
- 6There are many ways to do it. This is another benefit. It's flexible. Here are some typical plans. Each piece of bread is thinly spread with butter for a total of approximately 100 calories.
- 7Plan A: Eat 1 piece every 5 hours of the 16 hours you're awake. That's 3 pieces which total 300 calories. This is the fastest way to lose weight I know of. It works faster than any high protein diet. Why? You have more energy and burn more calories. Second, the high fiber bread keeps your digestive system regular. Third, your body stays healthy. A healthy body means a properly functioning metabolic system.
- 8Plan B: Really gorge yourself with the bread. Two pieces every four hours for a total of 8 pieces but only 800 calories. You'll feel full all day. In fact, I doubt many people could eat this much of the bread.
- 9Plan C: Eat a piece in the morning for breakfast and a piece 3 hours before your dinner and you will eat a great deal less.
- 10Plan D: Eat a piece of HUNZA DIET BREAD, 10 minutes before you eat your regular meal. When we do this we eat only a fraction, such as 1/4 of what we would normally eat. If we wait longer than 10 minutes we don't want to eat at all.
- 11Plan E: Eat the bread at the end of meals that don't fill you up enough, such as low calorie meals. This is a perfect way to use the bread. You eat a low calorie meal, enjoy it, then eat a piece or two of bread to fill you up. Perfect! No suffering and no urge to snack.
- 12Plan F: Alternate Plan A, B, C, D. We recommend an alternation of the plans, but some people who just want to get the weight off as soon as possible will use Plan A exclusively.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hunza Bread
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: