Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My grandmother makes this at Christmas and it is so good.
- 4 lbs chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend, cooked according to directions
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 lb grated cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- Saute onions in butter.
- Mix flour,soup,and milk.
- Add mushrooms,salt,and pepper.
- Add soup mixture to onions and butter to make sauce.
- In large casserole dish, alternate layers of sauce, rice,chicken and cheese.
- End with cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.