Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
very special sauce from hunt's Tomato Sauce Cookbook which is a collection of all time favorites from hunt's products labels. The book was compiled in responce to consumers who complained they were running out of space to store cans or they never got to copy the recipe before the can was thrown away
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3 (8 ounce) cans Hunts tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced onion flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon marjoram
- saute ground beef in skillet drain add remaining ingredients heat till boiling simmer 10 minutes stir occasionally serve over hot cooked spaghetti or pasta.
This was okay. It ended up being too watery, so I added a can of tomato paste and that helped. This didn't have quite as much flavor as I would have liked, but it was quick to throw together and that was what I needed tonight. I used a full pound of meat and wouldn't recommend using any less.