Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lemon and fresh basil complement tomatoes in this chicken and pasta dish. Substitute 4 oz. cubed regular cream cheese for the soft cream cheese spread. Stir sauce with whisk to combine.
- 8 ounces dry cavatappi pasta (8 oz = 2-1/2 cups) or 8 ounces rotini pasta, uncooked (8 oz = 2-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup soft cream cheese spread
- 1 (3/4 ounce) package fresh basil, coarsely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon shredded lemon peel
- cracked black pepper (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Stir together undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce and lemon juice in same skillet; bring to a boil. Add cream cheese; stir until cream cheese is melted completely. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Drain pasta. Add to sauce in skillet; stir to coat. Stir in chicken, basil and lemon peel. Sprinkle with pepper, if desired.