Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Tomatoes, peas and bacon combine with cheese tortellini in a creamy sauce.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
This is a fabulous recipe on so many levels!!! I hadnt even realised until I started that it was one-dish, things just got better and better!!! Made exactly as directed, trust me, nothing could improve this recipe! If I had a Best Of cookbook, this would be in it, maybe I must do that. Excellent recipe, somehow, I just ... LOVED it!!! LOL! Thanks Elizabeth, this was made and very much enjoyed for PRMR tag game
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canhunt's diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Hunts tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup chive and onion soft cream cheese spread
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- cracked black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-low heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, drain and discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Add garlic to drippings; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce and water; stir. Bring to a boil over high heat; stir in tortellini. Return to a boil; cover and simmer over medium-low heat 6 minutes or until tortellini is tender, stirring gently after 3 minutes.
- Add cream cheese; stir until completely melted. Stir in bacon and peas. Return to a boil; simmer 2 minutes. Sprinkle liberally with pepper, if desired.