Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chicken breast with diced tomatoes, cheese and basil cooked in tomato sauce, then topped with croutons just before serving for the flavor of bruschetta. Don't have a meat mallet to pound the chicken? Use the side of a clean, label-free can or a rolling pin instead.
- 411.06 g can Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 177.44 ml shredded Italian cheese blend
- 21.26 g package fresh basil, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 5 (708.73 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 226.79 g can Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 4.92 ml finely chopped garlic
- 473.18 ml small garlic-flavored croutons or 473.18 ml small Italian-flavored croutons, crushed slightly
- Stir together drained tomatoes, cheese and basil in medium bowl; set aside.
- Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Top evenly with tomato mixture, pressing onto chicken.
- Combine tomato sauce and garlic in large skillet; add chicken. Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers (165°F). Top with croutons just before serving.
My family loved this. Definitely planning on putting it into the family rotation of meals. I used cubed chicken instead of breast to be more kid friendly (with my kids who hate to cut meat). Turned out great, and I loved it too. Great way to use up the fresh basil in my garden too.
My husband and I loved this recipe. I did not change a thing and it was delicious.