Chicken breast with diced tomatoes, cheese and basil cooked in tomato sauce, then topped with croutons just before serving for the flavor of bruschetta. Don't have a meat mallet to pound the chicken? Use the side of a clean, label-free can or a rolling pin instead.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 3⁄4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 (3/4 ounce) package fresh basil, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 5 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) can Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 cups small garlic-flavored croutons or 2 cups small Italian-flavored croutons, crushed slightly
- Stir together drained tomatoes, cheese and basil in medium bowl; set aside.
- Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Top evenly with tomato mixture, pressing onto chicken.
- Combine tomato sauce and garlic in large skillet; add chicken. Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers (165°F). Top with croutons just before serving.