Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Grilled chicken, paired with the simple ingredients of petite diced tomatoes, basil and garlic.
Top Review by Dantana
This was 100% awesome! It is exactly what I hoped it would be. I did eat the bread because I was on my 'cheat day' from low carb. I will make this without the bread for a great low carb meal.<br/><br/>My awesome 11 year-old daughter is getting into cooking and she liked this. She is a picky eater and she actually ate some the next day for leftovers. Her comments were to put the tomatoes in a food processor because she wanted sauce. Wouldn't be bruschetta without the texture, but I love that she was thinking about- says a lot about the flavor!
- 1 1⁄4 cups balsamic vinaigrette dressing, divided
- 1⁄4 cup hunt's tomato paste, divided
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canhunt's diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 thick slices Italian bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1/4 cup dressing and 2 tablespoons tomato paste. Pour over chicken in small glass dish; refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Combine drained tomatoes, remaining 1/4 cup dressing, remaining 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, onions, basil and garlic. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to medium. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Grill chicken 10 minutes or until done, turning once. GRill bread 2 minutes on each side until toasted. To serve, place bread on plate; top with chicken and tomato mixture.