Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 50 g butter
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 jar sauerkraut
- 1 can tomatoes, peeled
- 1 small white cabbage
- 300 ml strong beef stock
- 250 g smoked sausage
- 5 -6 pork ribs
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a saucepan and fry the onions until golden.
- Rinse the sauerkraut in cold water, drain thoroughly and mix with the onions.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Chop the cabbage finely and mix in.
- Add the stock, stirring well, and then the pork ribs.
- Slice the sausage and add into the stew.
- Allow to simmer on low heat for one hour.
- Season to taste.
- Remove from heat and leave covered for 24 hours.
- Refrigerate and reheat before serving.
Love it! Anything with sauerkraut does it for me. Thanks for sharing! :-)