Recipe by ShaniRage
My mom always makes this during the winter. We love it served with some crusty French bread. If I have venison steak, I cut it up and use it instead of the stew meat.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 4 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 6 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 cup peas
- 1 tablespoon flour or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, brown meat.
- Add 4 cups of water, tomato juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours.
- Add carrots and potatoes.
- Cover and cook 40-60 more minutes.
- Stir in frozen vegetable and cook 10 more minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir flour or cornstarch into 1/4 cup water.
- Add to stew to thicken.