Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless venison, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot; brown venison and sausage.
- Add in onion and celery; stir/saute until tender.
- Add in the next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots; cook uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Add in potatoes and cook 30 more minutes or until done.