Recipe by Mercy
This is my brother's recipe adapted for the oven. When my brother goes out with his hunting buddies, he uses a disposable foil turkey pan with foil as a lid, combines the ingredients in the pan, places the pan over the coals at noon and it's done by the time they get out of the woods.
Top Review by El Ted PE
This recipe seems to be lacking a couple things the biggest of which is an oven temperature. Also it's called a stew but isn't put together like a stew. What I did was cut up small roast and browned it in a pot with some butter and flower. Then I put in 3 diced potatoes and a large onion. I didn't have any cabbage so I used a can of sauerkraut. I didn't have any salad dressing so at the end I ended up putting in some hot vinegar directly in my bowl. Overall it turned out really good but I think I probably made up over half of the recipe.
- 5 -8 lbs beef roast or 5 -8 lbs pork roast or 5 -8 lbs venison roast
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and whole
- 10 carrots, peeled and whole
- 4 onions, peeled and whole
- 16 ounces whole mushrooms
- 1 medium cabbage, cut into thick wedges
- 1 (16 ounce) bottlezesty Italian salad dressing
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper, to taste