Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Very tasty crock pot recipe. Unbeleivable smells to come home to after a long day at the office.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef round steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrot
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) package beef stew seasoning
- hot cooked medium noodles
- Trim fat from beef. Cut beef into 6 serving size pieces.
- Combine undrained tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, and carrots in 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Place beef on vegetables.
- Stir together broth, soup, and seasoning mix; pour over beef.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours, or on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
- Serve with cooked noodles.
The meat ended up so tender and yummy. I added two rice mix packages to it, which amounted a lot of rice, and was a really savory side dish.
This dish was really good. I think I might add potatoes next time I make it. I also served w/ white rice.
I was searching to see if this recipe has already been posted because I thought it was well worth it for everyone to know about! We've been having this dish for a while now and it's sooooo good. Thanks for posting it!