4 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 45 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the mushrooms in 1/4 cup water for 2 hours.
- 2Bring to boil and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- 4Wash the sauerkraut and squeeze it.
- 5Add mushrooms and the liquid in which they were cooked.
- 6Add the apples, the tomatoes, peppercorns, and bay leaf.
- 7Cover and simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 8Add the meat and the bacon, simmer 1 hour longer.
- 9It is best reheated.
- 10Served with steamed potatoes or rye bread.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hunters Polish Sausage Sauerkraut Stew
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.5
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 1449.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: