- 1 chicken, cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 ounces white wine vinegar
- 4 ounces dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 can artichoke, cut into halves,drained and halved
- water, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in deep frying pan.
- Fry garlic until golden, and then remove from pan.
- Add chicken, rosemary and salt and brown chicken, turning until the chicken is deep brown.
- Add wine vinegar and quickly cover pan until the sizzling stops.
- Add wine and cook on high heat until the liquid is reduced.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and artichoke hearts, and cook until the chicken and mushrooms are tender.
- Remove chicken to platter.
- Add about a tbsp of water to the juices in the pan, turn up the heat and with a wooden spoon scrape clean the sides and bottom to get all the bits that are there- the sauce will turn amber.
- Pour over chicken and serve with good Italian bread.