Recipe by Olha
A tasty recipe for Sunday brunch or supper. If you love chicken livers you will love this recipe. For one person or 10, this recipe has it all -- taste, color and simplicity!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 8 chicken livers, cleaned and chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, blanched,peeled and sliced
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices hot toast
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non stick fry pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Saute the onions, livers and a pinch each of salt and pepper, stirring occasionally for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in fry pan and lightly sauté tomato slices (about 1 minute on each side).
- Remove and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Break eggs into pan, and fry for about 4 minutes.
- Spread chicken liver mixture over the toast slices, top with a tomato slice and a fried egg and serve immediately.
- What's Cooking.