This is so so delicious, a classic pub favorite that is easy to make at home. You can make this recipe even simpler by simply buying a store bought barbecue sauce. But it's extra special when you make your own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For BBQ sauce
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup parsley, dried
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon louisiana hot sauce
- 1To make the barbecue sauce, place all the ingredients into a large saucepan, bring to boil. The reduce heat to very low and simmer, covered for 2 - 3 hours. It can then be kept for a few days in the fridge and so can be prepared in advance.
- 2Wash the chicken breasts and remove any sinew.
- 3Wrap each breast in a piece of streaky bacon and place in a baking dish/tray.
- 4Pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken breasts. You can then proceed to cook them immediately or they can be left to marinade for an hour or so and this will increase the flavor of the barbecue chicken.
- 5Cover with foil and cook in a preheated oven 200°C or 400°F for 15 minutes.
- 6After the 15 minutes are up, remove the foil and baste the chicken breasts with the sauce. Then return to the oven for a further ten minutes.
- 7Remove from the oven and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over each breast. Return to the oven for a few minuted until the cheese is melted and bubbling, serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hunter's Barbecue Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (706 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.5
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 174.4 mg
- Sodium 3783.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 53.8 g
- Protein 67.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: