Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My father made this for me when I was a child, I liked it then and I love it now. Give it a try.
Make and share this Hunter Style Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- In large skillet sauté bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain fat. Sauté onions in oil until tender; remove.
- In same skillet brown chicken adding more oil if necessary. Drain excess fat.
- Combine bacon, onions, tomatoes, 57 sauce and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover; simmer 20-25 min or until chicken is tender, basting occasionally.
- Remove chicken. Skim excess fat from sauce. If thicker sauce is desired, gradually stir in mixture of equal part flour and water, simmer until thickened.
- Serve chicken with rice or noodles.