Mike 814's Note:
My father made this for me when I was a child, I liked it then and I love it now. Give it a try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large skillet sauté bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain fat. Sauté onions in oil until tender; remove.
- 2In same skillet brown chicken adding more oil if necessary. Drain excess fat.
- 3Combine bacon, onions, tomatoes, 57 sauce and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover; simmer 20-25 min or until chicken is tender, basting occasionally.
- 4Remove chicken. Skim excess fat from sauce. If thicker sauce is desired, gradually stir in mixture of equal part flour and water, simmer until thickened.
- 5Serve chicken with rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hunter Style Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 892.0
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 144.7 mg
- Sodium 560.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 42.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Heinz 57 steak sauce