Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Use for chicken chasseur, jaegerschnitzel, etc.
- 1 slice bacon, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Saute bacon in 1 tablespoons olive oil until golden brown.
- remove bacon to a bowl and saute onion in drippings until soft.
- remove to bowl with bacon.
- saute mushrooms in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- return bacon and onions to skillet.
- add tomato paste, thyme, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- stir until tomato paste is dissolved.
- add wine and reduce over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- add beef broth and reduce over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- stir in creme fraiche and parsley until heated through.
- spoon over sauteed chicken breasts or veal/pork scallopine.
Very easy sauce, I substitute a Pinot Grigio for the red wine and use only olive oil without bacon, but a great sauce to put over a steak and baked potato. Makes a great meal with a salad.
Hello Chef, a truly special sauce, easy for non chef's to master & absolutely DElicious. Looking forward to sampling your other recipes. Thnx Rosie D