Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
A tribute to the king, this sandwich sparks appetites everywhere in his honor. While others are similar, this one is sure to hit the spot. [courteousy of origin goes to EVERDAY with Rachael Ray.]
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 brioche bread or 4 sandwich buns
- 2 bananas
- 1⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, until crisp . 6-8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain; cool. Slice each bacon slice in half, width-wise.
- With a paring knife, cut a slit through each roll and carefully open to form a pocket (do not slice all the way through!). Press each roll, to flatten.
- Peel bananas and halve them, crosswise. Then, slice each banana lengthwise into three chunky slices.
- Place banana slices on cleaned work surface and spread 1 tsp peanut butter on each banana slice. Then, top with 1/2 tsp honey and a piece of bacon.
- Stuff three banana stacks in to each bread pocket.
- Press the sandwich flat; butter outsides of bun.
- Set toaster oven to 350; place buttered sandwiches on foil-lined toaster oven sheet and bake until just golden.
- Let rolls cool, slightly, and serve -- Elvis is in the building!