Recipe by Chabear01
Not sure at all where I got this recipe from, it is like a tear out from a magazine.
Top Review by Amberngriffinco
I made these for the holidays. The recipe comes from a Midwestern magazine and I've had it for a few yrs now too. They taste JUST like a brownie, only in an easier cookie form.. AWESOME!!!!
- 2 (12 ounce) packages semisweet chocolate pieces (4 cups)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup butter (don't substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 -3 cups walnuts, toasted chopped
- white chocolate, melted
- semisweet chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease large cookie sheets; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat one package of the semisweet chocolate pieces, the unsweetened chocolate and the butter until melted, stirring constantly. Transfer to a large mixing bowl to cool slightly.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Add eggs, sugar and vanilla to chocolate mixture, beat with an electric mixer. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed until well mixed. Stir in remaining chocolate pieces and nuts.
- Using 1/4 cup of the dough for each cookie, drop the dough 3-inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake the cookies at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges are firm and the surface is dull and cracked. Let stand for 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove; cool on wire racks. Drizzle with melted white chocolate and semisweet chocolate.