Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I collect recipes and have done so for forty years. I use all my recipes and just don't have any idea where they come from unless they are new. But I know each one is special or they would have been tossed.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onions or 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (the kind that flake apart)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon oleo
- Brown ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink.
- Stir in water, pepper, tomato sauce and tomato paste; simmer 15 minute.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in veggies and 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Spoon into greased baking dish.
- Separate biscuits and separate again in 2 layers.
- Place near the outer edge of hot mixture.
- Overlap each one just a bit.
- Sprinkle with rest of cheese.
- Brush biscuits with butter.
- Bake 350 degrees 25-30 minutes til biscuits are golden brown.