Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe I grew up on and is my favorite. I usually double the recipe because people always want seconds.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces pork & beans
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 6 -9 hungry jack flakey biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and strain.
- Add next 5 ingredients and heat til bubbly.
- Pour into 2 quart casserole dish.
- Peel biscuits in half and lay across top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
I loved it! I added chopped up hot dogs in it as well. It is most delicious!
I'll rate this as fair. I thought it was 'good' but the rest of my family didn't care for it. I don't always have the best luck getting them to eat new casseroles. They love beans, biscuits, and cheese, just individually and not mixed together as a casserole. Thanks for the recipe; I'm glad I tried it even if it didn't go over well for us.
We loved it! The whole family, even my daughter's extremly picky boyfriend! Thank you Robert.