Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a casserole that my mom used to make all the time when we were kids. I have also made it for my kids. It is comfort food.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 can hungry jack biscuit
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground meat and drain.
- Stir in the next five ingredients.
- Heat until bubbly.
- Pour mixture into a sprayed 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cut the biscuits in half to form 20 half circles.
- Place biscuits cut side down on top of mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Good and quick to do. It wasn't my favorite but BF and one of his friends raved about how good it was.
This really hit the spot! Comfort food at its best and sooo easy! All I did was add a salad and the meal was complete. I'm always looking for quick & easy meals to make in our RV and this certainly will be one I make over and over. Thanks again for sharing. :-)
I love this recipe! My mom made this for years and when she passed away I looked thru her recipe box and she still had the Hungry Jack recipe cut out from the Hungry Jack coupon. They don't make Hungry Jack anymore so I used Grands.. I always wanted her to put sliced up hot dogs in it but she never would so I just made this last night and put them in as well. I omitted the brown sugar and used B&M baked beans w/ onion and bacon flavor. I fried up half a med. onion before frying the 3 hot dogs. A few shakes of salt.. I will find out how to post pictures and post mine. This is so delicious! Everyone will love this!