Recipe by SashasMommy
"Mexican finger food at its finest -- crunchy, perfectly sized, and with an ideal calorie count. So good and SO easy to make!"
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can chicken breasts (98% fat-free chunk white, in water, drained and flaked, about 1.5 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa verde (a.k.a. green salsa)
- 1⁄3 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn, thawed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted red pepper
- 16 small square wonton wrappers
- red enchilada sauce, additional salsa verde, fat-free sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by spraying with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken with salsa and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Drain any excess liquid from the chicken mixture. Add cheese, corn, and roasted red peppers to the bowl. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Lay two wrappers flat on a clean, dry surface. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture onto each wrapper, and spread it evenly over the entire surface. Roll wonton up tightly into a cigar-shaped tube. Place on the baking sheet, seam side down. If needed, secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining wontons and chicken mixture.
- Bake until crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly. Remove toothpicks, if using. Then serve and, if you like, dunk in the optional dips!