Another one of Hungry Girl's amazing recipes. PER SERVING (1/3rd of recipe including syrup): 144 calories, 1g fat, 295mg sodium, 41g carbs, 12g fiber, 3g sugars, 5g protein -- POINTS® value 2*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 cup fiber one all-bran cereal, ground to a breadcrumb-like consistency
- 1/3 cup liquid fat free egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
- 1/4 cup Splenda granular, no calorie artificial sweetener, granulated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Use a sharp knife to remove the ends of the squash. Cut it in half widthwise (making it easier to manage), and then peel squash halves using a vegetable peeler or a knife.
- 3Cut squash in half lengthwise, and then scoop out all the seeds.
- 4(Note: for exact nutritionals, measure out and use 14 oz. of squash.)
- 5Next, cut squash into french fry shapes.
- 6Using a paper towel, pat squash pieces firmly to absorb any excess moisture.
- 7Place cereal breadcrumbs in a large container.
- 8Add Splenda, cinnamon and salt, and mix well.
- 9In a separate medium-sized dish, combine egg substitute and vanilla extract.
- 10Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray.
- 11Toss squash pieces in the egg substitute until they are all evenly covered.
- 12One by one, coat squash pieces with the breadcrumb mixture (give them a shake first so they are not dripping with egg substitute), and lay them flat on the baking pan.
- 13Place in the oven, and bake for about 10 minutes.
- 14Flip fries over, and return to the oven for about 10 more minutes, or until outsides are crispy and squash is tender.
- 15(Cooking time will vary depending on how thick your fries are.)
- 16Serve with syrup for dipping. MMMMMMM!
- 17MAKES 3 SERVINGS.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungry Girl's Sweet Cinnamon Fritter Fries
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.6
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 210.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.8 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free maple syrup