Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Hungry Girl takes common recipes and lightens them up, as far as fat and calories go. This was published in "Redbook" magazine.
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 banana, peeled and sliced (slightly under-ripe)
- 1⁄2 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (try pinot noir)
- 1 cup reduced-calorie cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 1⁄2 cups diet lemon-lime soda
- Stir fruit, wine, and cranberry juice into a large glass pitcher; cover and refrigerate 5 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, stir in diet soda.
- Pour over ice, dividing the fruit equally among the serving glasses.
I didn't love the banana or strawberries in this. It just made the taste a little off for me. Thanks though - fun to try! Made for PAC Spring '13
I made this for a party and for home and I used grapes (cut in half) instead of the banana and cabernet wine. I let it sit in fridge for about 10 hours and it takes great. The grapes add more flavor becasue they have sugar.
This was okay, but not great. The wine went pretty flat and everyone thought it should have had more flavor. Maybe orange juice, more soda, and/or some sugar and another kind of alcohol.