Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 mins
I got this recipe from the Hungry Girl website. I didn't see where anyone else had posted. I'm posting it as they have it written, but I've subbed green pepper for the red pepper and I usually add a small summer squash as well. The time includes 24 hours for the vegetables to marinate. You can eat them before the 24 hours, but they are much better if you wait. They are even better after two days. According the website, the nutritional value is: 1/5th recipe: 57 calories, 1g fat, 7mg sodium, 14g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 10g sugars, 1.5g protein = 1 Point.
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar (or another 5-calorie per tablespoon balsamic vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a plastic container with a lid, combine all vegetables.
- In a separate container, combine and mix vinegar, oil, Splenda and water.
- Pour marinade over veggies, cover, and place in fridge for 24 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.