Recipe by Parvulus
This recipe came entirely from hungrygirl.com. This omelet is huge and chock-full of protein.
- 2 cups fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese
- 1 cup sliced bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Into a deep, round casserole dish (about 9 inches wide) sprayed with nonstick spray, pour egg substitute and milk. Add shredded cheese, tomatoes, spinach, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix well, and then set aside.
- Bring a large pan sprayed with nonstick spray (butter-flavored spray if you have it) to high heat. Stirring occasionally, cook peppers, onions, and mushrooms for 2 minutes (just long enough to brown the outsides). Add veggies to the casserole dish, and mix well.
- Place dish in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Next, carefully remove the dish from the oven and evenly cover with parm-style topping. Return it to the oven, and cook for 20 - 25 minutes longer (until the top has puffed and is firm).
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting. Then, if you like, finish off with the optional ingredients such as sugar-free ketchup or salsa (or any of your fave omelet toppers!).
- tip: make the night before so you can have a breakfast that only needs to be reheated for the morning.